rainy nights in georgia

Just returned from Atlanta. Drove down twice in the past week and a half and both times my departure back north coincided with severe flooding hours after I left. This was the view looking towards downtown from the 15th floor of the Crowne Plaza Hotel at Ravinia on Saturday morning. So my thoughts go out to all the wonderful people I met over the weekend. I hope all of you have managed to stay dry and afloat.

The opening at the Spruill Gallery was a success (and the sun was out!) Thank you to everyone who bought a print or book or both! I'll post something a little more in depth on the opening soon.

But a big thanks to director Hope Cohn and assistant Susannah Darrow for their help, hospitality, and wisdom of all things local. Hope believed in the work and asked me to participate without having previously met me or seen the work in person. To see something on the web is one thing... so it was a definite act of faith on her part. And Susannah... your directions were perfect.

Of course it was Michael David Murphy's doing that Hope found out about me. I don't know where he finds time for it all, but that guy seems to be everywhere down here and on the web. Next time I'm down there, first round on me (if you return my phone call in time :-). And thanks to Christian B. West for a little insight. He has a community cellphone project (and gallery show too) which can be found here.

3 comments:

REMI THERIAULT said...

Been enjoying your blog for a while. Keep sharing!!!

jrs said...

Fantastic photo!

jrs said...

Fantastic photo!