Boylan Heights Artwalk



So, about this time last year my friend and fellow kick-ass photojournalist (and now proud papa) Ethan said "Shawn, I think you need to show your cellphone work at the Boylan Heights ArtWalk." He lives in the historic neighborhood and, like all his neighbors, had opened up his porch and driveway and front yard to local artisans for a Sunday afternoon art fair.

About the same time we had just said goodbye to some beloved colleagues who were let go from the paper.

The writing wasn't on the wall, but it seemed the pen was well in hand. So I figured it'd be a good way to dip a toe into the world of the Art Fair, not knowing what I may be having to do to support my photography habit and pay the bills if future rounds of layoffs cut deeper than the previous.

Well, the Artwalk is this Sunday from 12noon to 5pm. And if you live in the Triangle area or just by chance happen to be driving through please stop on by. I'll be on Ethan's porch at 319 S. Boylan Ave. and I'll have about 25 different photos for sale and at an affordable price. I'll also have some of the large (24x30) prints that were just in the last gallery show on display. They're also for sale.

Hope to see you there.

Oh, and for those of you who haven't received your print yet for ordering my book from Blurb... they'll be on the way shortly. I upgraded to a new (older but better) printer and there were some really inane software issues to work out. In this day and age... silly, just silly. Really.

Happy Holidays
Shawn

No comments: